- Linux Distros that allow full root access and/or option to do so…
- Quick notes: Full root access type of Linux Distros – 1) allow a root user to opt out of creating a standard user during installation. 2) allow a root user to login as “root” at the greeting/welcome screen. And, some Distros w/ variations of those two.
- Foundation Post for this Page: ‘Pesky Passwords’, sudo, su, system administrator, superuser, supervisor, root, substitute user, principle of least privilege (PoLP), etcetera ‘n etcetera ‘n etcetera
NOTE: I don’t become root to escape the terminal’s password, i.e. one is already at the keyboard if they’re using the terminal, so there is no need to put the mouse down ‘n move to a keyboard. I become root because I hate the “Authenticate” popup that requires one to put down the mouse ‘n move to a keyboard in order to type the password ‘n then Authenticate it. GParted requires it, Synaptic Package Manager requires it, adding apps sometimes requires it, some updates require it, etc. Being root stops the “Authenticate” popup.
***** Tier One *****
1d. Nobara Linux 36
1f. EuroLinux Desktop 9.0
3b. ‘Vanilla‘ Arch Linux Cinnamon – 10/6/2022: reasons are covered in this POST.
***** Tier Two *****
4. Slackware Linux 15.0 RC3 KDE Plasma – 1/15/2022: Just moved up from #10, will probably stay in Tier Two, but will probably move up when Slackware 15.0 Stable release comes out.
***** Tier Three *****
7. PCLinuxOS 2022 – KDE Plasma: ‘Radically Simple‘ & ‘So cool ice cubes are jealous‘: Added 7/25/2022.
8. Garuda Linux (w/ Cinnamon DE)
9. Regata OS 21 KDE Plasma – 7/18/2022: Office Suite issues, but ‘Ready for those who love to play‘ w/ features like Regata OS Game Access + GameMode and FSR – *Attn* Gamers!
10. Kaisen Linux System Rescue – 1/8/2022: new addition – Great Secondary OS, for Windows 11 users, wid ‘Portability’ & ‘Rescue’ ability.
***** 1/8/2022 *****
Reevaluations going on right now ‘n this is a Holding Area:
Springdale Linux 7.5 – (1/23/2022) still evaluating this Distro.
4MLinux 36.0 – an all-round interesting looking Linux Distro!